Thursday 2 June 2011

Thundersome bye bye and other ranting/musing

Ok FINALLY settled in at my new place, I guess I better explain what happen. It`s been a bit of a roller coaster couple of weeks.

The short story of it is one of my housemates did a bit of a cunt move on me and Jasmine, she emailed us both to say she`d moved out, but with only a weeks notice until the next rent was due. Total cunt move because it was quite obvious me and Jasmine couldn`t afford that extra massive chunk of rent within a week. So after a lot of panic and calming down and panicking again we made a decision, we would leave the Thunderdome.

WOE!!

So Jasmine left for Chiba and I made arrangements to move into the almost empty house my school owns. There`s many ups and downs to this move. Living in a massive family house is a major plus, my god is it nice to have space again. Living almost in the school is awesome, leave late, take an after nap... it`s all good. The downside`s are most definitely living on my own, I really miss coming home to people and being able to tell someone about my day. Alas I don`t have that, and it`s back to the days of going days without talking to anyone over the age of 6. Boooo!!

It`s totally the end of an era though. The Thunderdome was such a fun time, I`ll never forget it. It was the longest I have lived in one place away from my family home, and leaving Jasmine is almost leaving my wife, we`ve had such a cosy living situation for what seems like forever.

But ah well, cunt move is done and we all move on. It has really made me realize I need more friends in Tokyo, I don`t what it is about Tokyo but I don`t have a trouble making casual acquaintances, but turning them into people that actually want to hangout is a difficult thing. It`s weird because I always seem to be pretty liked wherever I go, but getting someone to give me their phone number to actually do something another time, like pulling teeth.

That`s the one major downside working at an all Japanese school, I can`t really be friends with the other teachers. I don`t think they would want to be anyway, they barely say two words to me in a week as it is.

Jerry Seinfeld put it perfectly when he said `people are impossible to meet. They`re all around us everyday, we can`t get away from them, yet we can`t meet any of them. UNMEETABLE!!`

Very true.

I do long for a companion I have to say, a WOMAN... I could fall in love with a guy or girl, of course, but a guy equals no kids. But yes, I have lately, as in god knows how long yearned for a girlfriend. Again, I`m a liked guy, I`m funny, interesting (I hope), but this leads to not a crumb of success when it comes to women. Hanami a month or so ago got me texting with a girl, but she stopped replying, alas that`s the closest thing I`ve ever come to dating or anything like that. I would just love someone to share things with, that`s all.

My advert to the world:

Wanted: WOMAN.... must have a pulse, must be happy. That`s it.

I don`t know this is just constantly on my mind, I mean I`ll be turning 31 next month, I think I`ve been alone long enough. I guess my Mum grilling me about all this on the phone the other really made me a bit sad. She asked me don`t I think about having a girlfriend, and for the first time ever I told her yeah I do, I just can`t seem to do it right. One is a lonely boy.

But hey I`m not complaining, I never would, life is pretty awesome.

Thank god for drunken prostitute adventures I won`t die a virgin...

--------

Tomorrow, 9J DVD, weekend para report.
Soon, top 10 rankings of Tokyo euro and techno dancers, top 10 rankings of euro and techno in the Tokyo clubs at the minute. Gonna start doing that every week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Max, you are such an open book. Sometimes I'm amazed at some of the things you're willing to share on here considering the international para community has their eyes on this blog. =P

    I'm honestly dumbfounded that she just up and left you guys so suddenly. Definitely not that way to go about handling things regardless of whatever may have gone down between you three if even there was anything at all!

    What happened to trying to join some gaijin sports teams or activities to get yourself out there? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "going days without talking to anyone over the age of 6"

    Welcome to my life ^_~

    "I don`t what it is about Tokyo but I don`t have a trouble making casual acquaintances, but turning them into people that actually want to hangout is a difficult thing"

    This is the curse of Tokyo. There's so many people so it's like where do you start. I'm just lucky that I happened to join a company with a lot of cool people who like to hang out, otherwise I'd have no one I know. Hobbies seem to be the best way to make lasting connections - parapara, sports...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex I am a pretty open book, why hide anything is always my thinking. The whole housemate thing was just a matter of someone being crap with money and was just a totally selfish move all about money.

    I was gonna do some football and stuff but it always ends up clashing with para lol. Don`t worry although I do have difficulty meeting new people I know I`m so lucky to have the mates I have now. All good.

    Heather.... let`s not be comparing the problems. Actually I just started taking my own advice and actually being more proactive and actually asking lots more people if they wanna hang out... it`s pretty simple stuff..

    ReplyDelete