Monday 4 April 2011

Starfire DVD vol 20 filming!

What a weekend, to say the least. Starfire DVD filming and Hanami the next day. Dreams and ambitions were met and then body's were broken the very next day.

If you know me at all you know parapara makes up a good 90% of my life and by brain power, it's what I live for to tell you the truth. The other 10% is made up of kids and playing tag... And if you've ever spoken to me you probably know that my big ambition in life has always been to be on a major parapara DVD. It just so happens Starfire is my favorite club and they are the one's who asked me and my para partner, Jasmine, to be on their next DVD. This past Saturday was the day of the filming...

AMBITION MET!!!

The studio was the one used for the B-1 Dynamite anime DVD, Stafire vol 15.



We all met up at 4pm and got everything set up, all very professional, Ryohei was acting as the director and had a schedule up on the wall.



I'd love to put the tracklist up, but I don't think I should, so you'll have to wait until Starfire this month to find out, sorry. I will say that our track was New Horizon and there's a bunch of tracks you'd expect and some you wouldn't.

It was so awesome being with all these awesome dancers that everyone learns from and consider the best, and just being part of them, not a guest or there as a favor, actually part of it. It felt like, yeah, this is right where I should be.

P.S... fuck off K-Gami seriously...

The dancers were:

Ke-tan
T-Rexx
Negi-chan (Starfire dancer but her first DVD)
Satomi
Harumi (their kids are old enough to bring to events now XD)
Ryuichi
Yoshi-B
Tomoki
Lakshimi
Take
Random techno girl team
Random techno girl team 2
Max
Jasmine
Heather

The techno boys were up first and nailed there song pretty quick, they rock it as ever.


Up second..... Team Thunderdome, my team.



Me, Jasmine and Heather had practiced New Horizon a million times, and speaking for myself I'd got it down in my sleep, every move was exactly how I wanted. BUT.... then Ryohei, who choreographed the routine, he watched us dance through it once and then showed us a bunch of sections he's decided to change. Man alive does he want every single move exactly perfect.

So after a bit of practice we were ready to go, FILMING TIME!! I was so SO SOOOOOOOO nervous. I never thought I would be, I mean I've been partying with these people for what seems like forever. But when we had to get into our starting postions my hands were shacking and my head was all over the place. It's soooooooo much harder to film infront of everyone than you'd think, so different to filming para for youtube or vimeo or whatever.

I was the first person to mess up, and mess up again, and again, and again. In the end I was just thinking 'dance it like you would in the clubs, try not to get everything perfect'. But it's easier said than done. There's going to be a lot of me swearing on the credits and joking about I'll tell you that. We got it on our 8th attempt... Tomoki and Bancho were making me smile so much, I'm sure it'll look like I'm laughing. We got to see the playback but it was hard to take in, but I think it's ok. We could have done way better but everyone always says that. I know it'll probably spark a lot of drama in the western para community when this DVD comes out, with people saying we're not good enough, but man alive, it's so nerve racking. Funnily enough I think the Japanese para community won't think that at all, seeing how they see us every week in the clubs and know we're better than this DVD.

Maybe we were good... I really can't say until I see it again....

That was our song done, after that we got to chill out with everyone and watch everyone else mess up lol. At least we weren't the one's that messed up the most, that honour goes to the team of Ke-tan, Ryohei, and Negi-chan. 9 attempts XD




We left with a few songs still to film. I can't wait to see the finished DVD, just whatever happens I will always have that ambition ticked off. Hopefully we'll be on the next Starfire DVD, I'm confident we will be, I think we're pretty much part of the team now, and with this experience under the belt we can only be better and better.

Just.... YES!!!!!!

I have a bunch of videos I filmed but I feel it would be a bit wrong of me to post those before the actual DVD is out. Sorry, you'll have to wait!

Dirty Hanami report to come... and man was it one dirty adventure!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh niceee... hope more Euro in this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lakshmi????I can't wait for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for you guys omg my DREAM is to participate in a starfire DVD aaahhhh! you have no idea how jealous i am :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. random techno team girls 1 and 2 sounds promising.
    btw, how poor are they carrying that old monitor instead of a TFT screen or something <.< [/informatic vein]
    do you know the specs of the camera? :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The final product is always much btter than when you're viewing right after filming. I'm sure you guys were fabu! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so proud of you guys!! Just you wait Max, next time you'll be asked to be on a dvd you'll be less nervous. It'll only get better!

    And don't think about what gajins will have to say about it, you rock and you know it!

    ReplyDelete