Monday 28 March 2011

Starfire, SEF Deluxe 009 DVD, and other weekend adventures

The weekend is done and time to relax. Oh wait... it's Monday, time for work. Seeing as it was Starfire and SEF Deluxe back to back there's no chance of that happening. What a beast of a weekend!!

Oh yeah I just thought I'd say, although I'm going to be posting a lot of parapara news, reviews and videos on here, this little blog isn't just a parapara blog. It remains my personal blog, so if you you just wanna come on here to grab the para stuff go ahead, feel free to ignore the other rubbish. Saying that here's how my weekend went down....

Friday was a late one at school as it was officially the last day of the school year and a few teachers were leaving. It was all very sad with speeches and presents and WOE!! Very sad, but I'll stay in contact with a couple of them. My mate is being a pussy and heading to England for a week or so because of parental preasure, you know, radiation in Tokyo and all that...a lot of westerners left for the same reason. But I digress... drinks in Shimo Kitazawa, that was the point. Such a good area to drink in, so many funky jubs. I actually biked from Shin Nakano where I live to jub central, it's only about 5 or so k's, but it's a lovely ride if you take the back streets. I do love biking around the backstreets of Tokyo getting lost, interesting times. I actually got so very lost trying to get home though, ended up going west instead of north. Managed to get back somehow, it always works out, and ended up boozing in my apartment watching girlie movies... good work drunk Max.

Saturday meant only thing... STARFIRE!!!!!


That pretty much sums Starfire up. Yoshiyuki having a bottle of Tequila shoved down his neck. DRINK IT!!! The night was the same usual awesome mix of dancing to some great mixes and drinking an insane amount of alcohol, what more could you ask for. It was Bancho and Ryuichi's Birthday month so it was always going to be brutal. They celebrated by having a champagne downing contest on stage...


That turned into DJ Teru forcing a bottle tequila on everyone. Good work man!

The lessons were....

Baby Come Back / Virginelle
Luna Matada / DJ Zorro

I forget to film them... but I'll upload the video from other sources asap.

Euro was pretty good though, no Sex Skiller, but that'll take a lot of beating XD Techno was DJ Zorro and sounded like everything ever and was average at best. Great Starfire, we came out alive, which is all that matters in the end. Well, me and Lucie just managed it, just. Heather lost the battle of the booze ;p


I only just made it...


Got back from Starfire around 7am, passed out, woke up at 3pm still drunk.... shitttt SEF starts soon. Well fight fire with fire, hit the beers and get ready! One booze train later and I'm at club A-life paying a massive 4000yen because it's a dvd release night. Mother fuckers raping my wallet!! It's all good!

SEF is a very different feeling night to Starfire, to me it feels a lot more about the dancing and has a bit of an older feel. Nothing wrong with that, and I love the mix they play, often it's the only club that plays SEF songs, and I love me some SEF routines! Saying all that the barman at A-life, who you can see on the new dvd, well he is a menace and will give you pretty much a full glass of tequila. BAST!! For some reason I always dance way more techno at SEF, probably because they play a mix of all the clubs techno.

Lessons were.... I can't remember, Paracenter is your friend there.

Here are the videos:

IT's A Party... I think. Techno lesson:



Euro lesson: Sideways for some reason....



AND here's the SEF 009 DVD, ENJOY!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rjhajk

I'll start ripping all the Starfire DVD's starting with vol 19 counting back to vol 01, and the last two 9loveJ DVD's, vol 08 and 09. So look out for them.

Peace out.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the video's!

    I like your writing style, keep us posted! And be careful with that radiation stuff, you might end up with an extra arm or something. (that would bring parapara to a whole new level tho ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You^^


    I'm happy wih the news and the scece dont come down... its a time to a newwww boom ^^x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED the coment in the end of lesson... thats describe this routin BORING

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Feb LMAO! Can you imagine the craziness they could come up with then?

    omg you have no idea how much Baby Come Back is my new jam! I actually like it more than Sex Killer if only because I enjoy the actual song itself more.

    Thanks SO much for sharing. It's crazy appreciated that you do it, especially after all the craziness of this past weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crazyyyyyy thank you Max!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Max, thank you very much for keeping us updated. Not everyone is willing to share both information and material like that with us, less fortunate paralists, so I just want you to know I deeply appreciate what you are doing.
    And since I became a fan of yours since the first time I saw you dancing on the Avex streaming, I will keep on reading your blog (personal stuff included), because you're awesome! Gogo Max! /o/

    Kisses,
    Jay (PPBR)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx so much for the updates...

    PS: A bottle of Tequila, all down on throat + a lot of drinks...

    jeesus... i want to go too >_>

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome of mixing personal and parapara parts (oh well, everything is personal)
    I want to see Luna Matada, im sure the lyrics are awesome (i think only spanish people love dj zorro)
    keep it up, and write more about those bike ridings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice comments people!

    @Dahrkael Luna Matada has already been posted to Youtube, watch it here:

    http://youtu.be/Q-30Hswqymc

    ReplyDelete
  10. A must read post to get to know the adventures one has come up with on the weekend. A wonderful post giving insight of a personal life.
    CD distribution

    ReplyDelete