Tuesday 29 March 2011

School graduation, sad times!! B-1 returns to save the day!!!

With everything that's been going down in Japan the past few weeks my schools end of year graduation passed by without too much celebration. In fact I almost forgot it happened, well, not quite.

We held it on March 15th only a few days after the earthquake and tsunami, so everyone was still really on edge about the whole situation, aftershocks were still hitting pretty much hourly and the threat of the Fukushima nuclear power plant going up in smoke was very real. So understandably the huge graduation ceremony we have every year for the oldest year was cut short. It was such a shame because so much preparation goes into this. From the kids practicing the formalities of recieving their certificate and singing their song, to the parents putting on a big show, as well as tearful video montages from the kids.


But alas we only had the formalities of the certificate giving, as well as the speeches, all the songs, and the class photos outside. We did have a few aftershocks hit during everything but only small tremors, and this being Japan everyone ignored them, they didn't exist. But of course it was still so so sad, knowing you're seeing around 60+ of your best friends for the last time. WOE!! And that's what they are, my best little mates, I love them so much I could burst.




The best part of the day was after all the formalities were taken care of and the parents are having lunch and just staying around the school, it's a time I use to say goodbye to everyone and wish them the best of luck at elementary school, and of course take a lot of photos with everyone. I managed to fit in a five minute last game of football with the boys and game of tag with the girls. Some of the girls wanted the flower on my suit so had a jan ken show down for it. FOR MY LOVE!!...

How can you not adore these faces!!



And that was graduation, short and sad. I have two weeks of spring holiday before the new year starts where I get to meet a whole new gang of awesome guys and girls. During the holiday some of the kids come to school for nursary, which is basically just a hangout while their parents are at work. But it does mean I get to hangout with some of my favorite graduated kids for a bit longer. I guess on Friday I will have to say goodbye to them for real, but the new year shall be fun fun fun, so no need to be sad.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the day <3










Those are some sweet mother fucking photos!!

B-1 Dynamite returns tonight after a three week hiatus. YES!!!!!!!! Should be awesome as ever, look out for the lesson video tomorrow and Starfire vol 19 DVD. Para plans for the week?

B-1 Dynamite - tonight
Chiba Rave - Friday I'd love to go to but that never happens.... jubs instead
とある小杉の超舞踏会@武蔵小杉Throb (ex Jager Paradise) - Saturday if I am not passed out
Magical Rave - Sunday..... wouldn't miss it for the world!!

And.... Starfire DVD filming on Saturday!! Our song is New Horizon which is pretty sweet, I've been practicing in front of a mirror like a maniac. Must be perfect!!!!!!!!!

It's our house's (The Thunderdome) Hanami picnic on Sunday in Ueno Park, looks like a lot of people are coming. Hanami is always so very brutal, you have no choice but to drink drink and drink some more. No doubt the spiritus will be flowing.

If you haven't seen them the lessons for Starfire are up on youtube already thanks to Tsubasak3. I love love love 'Baby Come Back'. Here they are:

Baby Come Back / Virginelle



Luna Matada / DJ Energy or Zorro...



Laters <3

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh,such a bunch of pretty kids! <3333
    Wow,i'm waiting for news after all this events.Good luck and enjoy all them Max!
    Kisses frm Brazil

    Tsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved all those little happy faces! Your job must be amazing! *-*
    I hope you have an awesome filming day with STAR FIRE and I will be cheering for you guys. Best of luck! o/
    And of course, keep us updated with a review about it later, right? 8D haha!
    Oh, and thanks for supporting Tsu's channel as well!

    Lots of Brazilian love to you <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aprat from practicing alone don't forget to practice with each other as much as possible too!

    Looking good in a suit there Max. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jaynan, it is the most amazing job, I love it more than I can put into words. I`ll make sure I take loads of photos and video at the Starfire filming!

    @Alex, me and Heather had a little practice earlier this week. We are totally out of sync together so that was good to see before the day. Jas doesn`t get back to Tokyo until Friday so no practice for us. The big question is.. what to wear??? I`ll try and give you a shout out on the dvd XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, i'm studying here in denver to become a ESL teacher, so I hope to do some of those lessons and memorable things out there as well, but I think I'm taking my first teaching at Tailand, then China, then if I remember my advisor told me, after maybe a year or two, then Japan. But I'm coming up there! I consider u lucky to live a dream u have dreamt! X3

    ReplyDelete