Sunday 25 March 2012

The Dance Nears It's End

Well I'm still here in sunny old England, being as patient as anyone has ever been, waiting for that golden ticket to go back home Tokyo.

It's been a nightmare five months since I left Tokyo and my lawyer submitted the second work visa application. After many many twists and turns, including of course a failed trip back, it looks like next week my lawyer will receive the final decision through the post. I can't say if I'm confident or not. On one hand we have done everything they asked and been assured they shouldn't be any problems, but on the other hand I'm just not that damn lucky.

To say it would be like a dream to return would be an understatement. The fact that I'm falling deeper into debt here in England, and life is going further and further downhill means the work visa would fix everything instantly. I'd go from struggling to eat and owing money, to having my fantastic job back with not a worry in the world. Not to mention the other aspects of life would return, like having a social life. I don't really don't do anything or see anyone here in Leicester. I'm pretty much a hermit who ventures out only to the park to read. But I don't care about that, my life isn't here.

So what happens if I get the big bad no from immigration? Well hopefully my work will still stick with me, obviously I have a plan B to Z, but it'd mean more waiting and more money I don't have. To think how much I've spent on visa runs and lawyer fees, I'm wiped out about now. So if I get the no, well I'd have a month until I could enter japan as a tourist with no issues from immigration, which would mean a minimum of three months and a maximum of six. This would at least allow me to get back on my feet financially, and to go with visa plan B which wouldn't take very long and I doubt I'd have a problem doing.

If all that failed? I'd have to return to England, get a job and a life and forget Japan, at least for two years. I'd pay off my student debts, which stand at £1600, at least those that would stop me getting further student finance, and then I'd plug away for two years in London and finish my degree. But of course I pray it doesn't come to that.

So it all comes to a head this week, as always I  shall pray it all comes good.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there buddy. Also don't let up on the getting in shape! Keep yourself busy. =)

    ReplyDelete