Sunday 13 February 2011

Breads and misadventures in clubbing land

A rare day off work in T-Town, and what have I done with it?? Lounged about and eaten breaded goods. Ahhh what a life, but who am I to deny those breaded wonders?

Ah variety pan, it's one of the top 10 things I love about Tokyo. Every conbini has a big aisle of breaded wonder that includes such delights as butter scotch bread, soba in bread, cheese breads that are made by the gods themselves. I'd have to give Seven Eleven top spot in the bread rankings though, a big brick of butter scotch bread goes down a treat and is number one hangover/drunken food. I swear I could live just off variety pan and that wonderful boulangerie Cafe. And you wanna know the best thing about variety pan?? I continue to lose weight while I stuff my face full of it.


I mean what could be in that bad boy?? It's always a lottery, but one you always win.

Wonders of Japan!

It was a dirty weekend of jubs and clubs as ever, fun and angst all rolled into one explosive big ball of booze.

Friday was low key but delightful all the same. I hit up the jub owned by the ex caretaker of my school, good old Matsuhashi-san, which happens to be about 5 minutes walk from my apartment in Nakano-Sakuae. SWEET!! I went with the ever strange but entertaining Tommy, a German/French co-worker who works at my sister school. A lovely traditional jub that serves Hokkaido food and drinks that I'd give a solid 8/10 jub rating. Add the fact that the director of my school phoned over and bought me a bottle of nice shochu (rice wine you uncultured fools), well happy days indeed.

Saturday was a little more dirty as is always the case. Now I've been on a mission for the past two weeks to really try and enjoy normal clubbing. We know I love love love parapara clubbing, but lets be honest it's very different to everyday clubbing. For one I know just about everyone in the para scene, and it's just a total comfort zone going to para nights. Normal clubs, for me, are a totally different thing. For one thing, I rarely go to a club where I enjoy the music at all, so as much as I enjoy dancing it becomes a bit boring... SHITTTTT!!!!

Of course I love my booze like nothing else (I don't have a problem....) and am happy to go anywhere and booze it up. But of course the main reason most everyone goes clubbing is to pick people up.

SEX SEX SEX....

Which leaves me twiddling my thumbs not doing a lot for most of the night, because if I'm honest I have zero interest in sex or flirting or picking up people or any of that. I never have been as a lot of you probably realise. I must have a wire that wasn't inserted correctly at birth, because I have never met anyone in my life that doesn't have any interest in all that stuff. Never. People say I'll grow out of it or you don't need to have these things they will come. But at 30 years old I think I know what I want and all the normal thoughts people have just don't seem to enter my brain. If I was to ever have a girlfriend/botfriend (no preference to be honest) someone would have to come up to me and lay their cards on the table.

The big question I have, if you were me would you class yourself as A-sexual?? Not that I really care about these labels, but hey, we all need them!!

So my efforts to like normal clubbing have officially failed. The last two weeks have ended with me leaving a club and walking about 3 hours home rather than stay there. And on Saturday I did what I often do when faced with doing nothing at a club, I went down the street, bought a bottle of whisky and drank on a street corner like a bum. But that's way more fun in my eyes. So I shall stick with para clubbing, jubs and whatever adventures come my way. But the real world of sex and real people can stay well away from this fool!

1 comment:

  1. Just gotta be yourself ใงใ—ใ‚‡. Clubs are rarely anything more than sex hives, especially glossy places like Saturday's venue. It can be different though, if the music or theme is right. I don't suggest you continue hitting generic clubs from here on, but I am sure that somewhere in this crazy gangster's paradise of a city there will be something hilarious enough to be enjoyed, sans-sex. Failing that, there is always a cheeky Ban-Ban.

    ReplyDelete