Thursday 3 November 2011

The status of Max

Hey all in Internet land. Thought I'd update you all on what's going on with me and my whole visa situation.

Basically a couple of weeks ago I got word from my lawyer that immigration had rejected my work visa application. Needless to say that was one of the worst days of my life, I thought my life here in japan was over and I've never cried so much in my life. But the next day things got a lot better. I went to immigration with my lawyer who has handled my whole visa application to see the immigration inspector. We went through my application, and it came down to the fact they can't except part time work as previous experience, and you need to have three years experience in your chosen field to get a work visa if you haven't got a degree. So my total work experience added up to just short of three years.... Bollocks!! But the inspector told us to change the one reference, they know the references are bullshit, and I'll get the visa in about four weeks.

So thank god it looks like I'll get this damn visa afterall. It's just a stupid sticker in your passport but it's the key to me living my wonderful life here. Ok so the only bad thing is my current visa runs out on November 9th and I have no choice but to leave the country and wait for my visa to be sorted out. All this means I'll be heading to England on the 9th and staying until either early December or new years at the latest. It's a total bitch having to leave but I will be back soon. I hate that I miss a chunk of my life for no reason, like a couple of big school events and a Parapara DVD filming, but I have no choice.

So that's the status of Max right now, small setback but no big deal.

2 comments:

  1. That's unfortunate but as long as you bounce back it'll be fine. You always do after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s just a bit of a minor inconvenience, and basically means I have to have a two month holiday in England. Ah well.

    One really annoying thing is I miss the next Starfire filming.

    ReplyDelete