Thursday 18 August 2011

You can fly with me

What up nets.

Summer is in full mother fucking swing in Tokyo, everyday is like walking through a shield of butter. Constant 35c temperatures and 300000000000% humidity, but you get used to it. Whats the one way to combat such devilish heat? Go drink tequila in a river by the mountains you shit.

One of the highlights of the Japanese summer, well the two summers I`ve lived here now, is the mountain BBQ. Oh yes, good people, good food, good drink, THE RIVER.... it`s a brutal combination, and this summer as it happened the two big BBQ`s were on consecutive days and in the same spot.

It started with Starfire BBQ. Just one big river of tequila. You can`t beat sitting in the river with a bottle of tequila playing jan ken shots with everyone, it`s just a beautiful thing.


One of the booze beds...


After everyone left at around 5pm myself, Jasmine and Hiroshi stayed and drank in the river until it got dark and then had a little explore of the area before we spent the night by the river. Sleeping on a bed of rocks... not recommended. Some chunder moments later we were up bright and early and ready to meet the Bonkura BBQ gang for BBQ number two. Of course it got messy, I put my back out for a week, Ylva burnt herself more than a human being should ever EVER, and Jazz got blind BLIND drunk as ever.

SUCESS!!!

Bonkura BBQ group shot.


In the riverrrrr


Me, Jasmine and Ylva <3


What else has been going down? Well apart from the usual clubbing, jubbing, boozing and living the dream, we hit up Campus Summit 2011.... because we got 50 free tickets and it was all you can drink. It was fun, me and Jazz got many strange stares for dancing to a little techpara set that was played. Jasmine was throwing cocktail bombs at egg models and we lost ever to the sea of gals. Standard stuff...

Made my bedroom into a darts bar... me and a mate are on a quest to become good darts players, but good while drunk. Expect to see us winning every league in the coming months. Of course you need darts names. Mine is Bobby Dazzler, and my my team mate is Terry Darts. Perfect!

Ah shit now Kevin is out of the country I better start recording the parapara lessons again... just thinking.

Work is still a little weird, but always getting better. I`ve had some problems over the last few months if you didn`t know. It`s just the Japanese work way. STILL waiting for my full work visa to be accepted. My lawyer has had to tweak and diddle the paperwork a few times so it`s exactly what immigration want. He won`t stop until he gets it me, which is pretty sweet. It`s just because I don`t have a degree that`s it`s taking so long, you wouldn`t believe how much work experience I have now... I now speak 4 languages, have done translation work, taught, and a million other jobs.

It`s actually the summer holidays at school, has been for about a month and continues until September 1st, but for some reason I`m working every single day. I`ve given myself a summer mission to repaint the whole school. Which in reality means I can laze about a lot and say I`m going to buy more paint when really I`m going for a beer. No but seriously I am on a mission and hopefully it will surprise and delight the powers that be and put me firmly in the good books when term restarts.

Woah earthquake, house shaker....

Gone.

Not much planned for the weekend. It seems everything ever is next weekend, as always is the way. Koenji festival is Saturday and Sunday and could be deadly. Starfire is Saturday night, and of course the DVD release! Sunday is a bastard because it`s SEF deluxe and Avex Nation Concert. Avex Nation is where I finally FINALLY get to AKB48 live for the first time ever. I`ll probably faint.

What else? On a diet, or rather eating better and less. There was just an obscene amount of bread and Coke in my diet. Why? Because a gorgeous girl said she`d go out with me if I lose a massive amount of weight. What a bitch, but I can at least try.

I`ll love you and leave you

1 comment:

  1. Next time I'm in Japan I need to try to make it to one of these BBQ things! Sounds awesome.

    Losing weight is always a good thing regardless of whether the motivator is getting laid or just liking what you see in the mirror. Go for the gold Beckwith!

    ReplyDelete